Alrighty, here goes: First off, let me tell you all that I got the results of that disgusting Barium Swallow last week and SOMETHING actually showed up. FINALLY…a little bit of a break. I’ve only been sick since the start of AUGUST! So, now I’m on even more medication and have a list of foods that I can’t eat…the biggest one (for me, anyways) is chocolate. WTF? This is like telling me not to blink again *sad face*. Oh yeah, so, chocolate, peppermint, caffeine/coffee (no biggie), citrus, garlic (right up there with chocolate), anything acidic or raunchy (onions, apples, etc.), etc. The list goes on. Sucks, eh? Well, I suppose not for you but I live on chocolate and garlic. It’s bad enough that I already can’t have dairy and a bunch of other crap. What the hell? So, basically I’m livin’ on bread and water from now on (which really sucks b/c I don’t eat bread). *SIGHS LOUDLY*
Anyway, back to the update. Friday after work I went to my parents’ to pick up mail and all that jazz. Took my dad for a drive in my car b/c he wanted to see how I’m handling a stick now (I’m going really fast!). Then I got some groceries and was thinking what I was gonna do for the rest of the evening when Amy called and said she was coming over. We gossiped and watched a few episodes of "What Not to Wear" and then I fell asleep on the couch so she decided to go home.
Saturday, Amy and I spent most of the day shopping. We had made plans to hit a few Frenchy’s and we had a blast. I had the giggles and thought for sure we would be asked to leave the first location (I made a lovely "fatass" comment to Amy but not directed at her…not realizing there was a larger lady behind her – I wasn’t directing the comment at anyone, I just like nicknames). I don’t know what was wrong with me. Chocolate withdrawal probably. Got lots of good stuff tho. After we finished up at the second Frenchy’s we grabbed lunch and then scooted in to New Minas. We checked out the goods at Absolulety Fabulous and I got really excited to hear they were playing a Blue Rodeo CD (Outskirts, 1987). Yay for me. Then we made the mistake of going to the mall b/c I, of course, spent money into Suzy’s. More money on 2 items then I spent on the 7 or so at Frenchy’s. Ah well.
On my way home I stopped in to visit Cat for a bit and committed to hanging with the boy while she was picking up my brother at the airport and until my parents got back from dinner. So I headed over to their place and he and I had a great time. He’s too smart but he makes me laugh. Once my parents came home I finished my visit and headed home to rest my aching back (it’s getting better tho. Whoot!) when I got a call. It was Heather saying she was coming over for a visit. Double Whoot! She was down for a surprise visit for her dad and brother and apparently me. We had a nice time catching up and laughing at Facebook photos and then she had to go.
Sunday I was SO bored! Nothing to do on a gorgeous day and nobody home anywhere. I went out for a drive trying to find someone but everyone sucks! Haha. I eventually stopped in to visit Dean & Erica but Erica was asleep (sick baby) so Dean and I chatted for a few then I headed out. I stopped at Walmart for minute then headed back home to my den of boredom. Later on Stephanie called to go for coffee so I met up with her shortly after 5 and we caught up and gossiped. Fun times. Then I headed back home. I spent the rest of the night fighting off a migraine (I lost) and finally headed to bed.
Have a lovely week, y’all.
Don’t forget this coming weekend is the Junos which means the Juno Cup at my place Friday night….and, of course, Juno party Sunday evening. (Have I mentioned that Jim is up for a few nominations?)
EDIT: Steve’s friggin’ dog tripped me last night and I ended up on the floor…It was like Keith Delorey and Blockbuster all over again: Sandy = Muppet……ahhhh. I hurt. Someone PLEASE buy me a bubble. And Amy, can I borrow your helmet? 😛
2. What song describes your relationship status? I’ll have to give this one some thought.
4. Are you a heart breaker, or the heart breakee? From what I’ve heard lately I’m the heart breaker.
5. Ever waxed your legs? Once
6. Earrings or necklaces? Earrings
8. SEX!? Yes please.
9. Friend of the opposite sex that lives closest to you? Steve, I guess.
10. Color of your shirt? Shirt is pink, sweater is green (that’s hot!).
12. Who’s on speed dial 5? I have no idea. I got pissed off at my SD phone over Christmas and threw it and broke it. #5 on my cell is Amy K. though.
13. What color is your background on your computer mainly? It’s a b&w pic of Jim & Greg – very sexy.
15. Good advice if you ever go camping? Don’t go during tick season.
16. Are you a bad influence? Not as much now as before. Heh. Sorry for Tanya, Brian. 😀
17. What color are your eyes? Blue.
19. Would you do anything for someone? Maybe. Depends. Some people are more important than others. Haha.
20. Have you ever been called a whore? Yes.
21. Favorite Color: Yellow.
22. Do you use smiley faces on the computer a lot? Yeah.
23. What song is on? Falling by Jim Cuddy w/Oh! Susanna.
25. Do you have any friends with benefits? No.
26. Does your best friend have a facebook? Yes, but she doesn’t participate much.
27. Who’s page did you last visit? Carla’s.
28. Last time you went out to lunch? A few weeks ago – Amy and I went to Cobblestone for sandwiches (sandhammers).
29. Do you watch the Gilmore Girls? Nope.
30. Have you ever enjoyed listening to Jack Johnson? One song.
32. Do you have one or more Britney Spears CD? HELL NO!
33. Which radio stations are your favorites? If I’m listening to the radio in my car it’s C103 (classic rock in Moncton). At work if I’m listening to a radio station it’s either classic rock or Sky fm 80’s. But mostly I listen to CDs or iTunes (all BR, all the time).
39. Do you watch Family Guy Regularly? Have never seen it.
40. Favourite cat? Winston. He’s the only one alive (I miss you Bo & Belle).
43. Do you sing obnoxiously in the car? Sometimes.
44. Do you sing obnoxiously in the shower when no one’s home? Sometimes
45. Have you ever watched a little kid’s show when you were bored? I watch Saved by the Bell occassionally if it’s early in the morning and I’m bored…and I thank God I did not watch this show growing up. I hate it. It’s so stupid and they were such bad actors.
47. Did you draw pictures for your first crush back in elementary school? Yes. I even gave him a Valentine card but I was in grade 2 and he was in grade 6 and he threw it in the garbage. I cried. But a few years ago at Christmas at the "annual Horton Reunion" at the Anvil he appologized and gave me a hug. (Kim M., he’s still so hot!).
52. Do you eat all the servings in the food groups on a daily? No. Haha. No. I’m allergic to dairy (mm…soy) and don’t eat bread (or meat often). I live on fruit and vegetables. No wonder I’m sick all the damn time.
55. Do you know how to knit? No. And I have no interest in learning.
57.Have you ever written love song lyrics yourself and put them in your profile? Does poetry count as lyrics?
58. Do you keep a diary or journal online? I have a blog (what do you think you’re reading?).
60. Baskin Robins or Coldstone? Whats coldstone? Doesn’t matter, I can’t eat ice cream. 😦
61. Physics or chemistry? English and Drama and Law and Soc. and gym and communications and…
63. Pink or teal? Pink.
64. Earrings or a ring? Both.
65. Commitment, or casual dating? Commitment.
66. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings or Star Wars? Star Wars, baby. I grew up on that stuff. Han Solo…yummy.
67. Fly or road trip? ROAD TRIP! Way more stories!
68. Starbucks or Caribou? What’s Caribou? Let’s go with Starbucks.
70. How much jewelry do you own? LOTS but I don’t wear a lot of it.
Well, it’s been a so-so week..only worked half-days since I’m still recovering from my back injury – but hey, I can tie my own shoes now. Whoopee! Thank goodness the boss man is so easy-going. I came to work, worked non-stop till everything was done and then out I went (back home to my couch).
Okay, for the deal on the weekend…let’s see, well, we’ll start with Thursday night b/c Darren (Black Magic) gave me tickets to the charity hockey game in Wolfville so Amy, Tanya and I went. We had an okay time. I took my mini heating pad with me but Amy stole it to keep warm. We spent a good amount of time making fun of the hillbillies that came out of the woodwork for the game – because that’s what we do (Heather, we missed you horribly for this). But it was a good time.
Friday night I didn’t do much – another snowstorm and I was tired and lazy. I went to bed fairly early, in fact. It was quite pathetic. Saturday night I had a date w/Cat to watch a movie. I went over early and played with the boy and got him wound up before bed, b/c that’s what aunts are for. 🙂 Cat and I watched the movie once he went to bed and then I went home and hit the sack myself. I know, still pathetic, but what can I do? Sunday afternoon I was so bored so I decided to go for a little drive. Stopped at Amy’s to drop off a movie and then popped in to see Steve. In the evening Tanya and I had a coffee date, got to see the old perverted roomie Steve S. and then finally home. Got to chat with Annie-Lou in BC for a few and again, time for bed.
I promise that once my back is better I will have fun and interesting things to say…I PROMISE.