30 Day ME Challenge – #1: 15 FACTS ABOUT ME
I’ve decided to take on a 30 day Blog challenge. The topic: ME. Okay, I can live with that. Here goes post #1:
15 Facts About Me
30 Day Blog Challenge
15 Facts About Me
1) I have naturally curly hair. I often straighten it or hot iron big chunky curls into it. It took me a long time to embrace the natural curl – which I love – but it’s sometimes hard to manage; especially b/c I hate product in my hair. Yuck. But…my nannie loved my curly hair..mostly b.c she was jealous of it. So I like to wear it natural sometimes as a tribute to her.
2) I love shopping. And fashion. If I could spend all day shopping (at someone else’s expense) I totally would. I love it. I need more clothes like I need a hole in the head but I can’t stop. I love clothes. And shoes. And purses.
3) My life, sadly, revolves around my workout regime. Seriously. I have to plan my day/events around my workout schedule. If I have to go away on business, etc. the first thing I look for in a hotel is if they have an in-house gym. If I don’t get to work out (at the very least 5 times a week) then I feel sludgy and gross and guilty until I get some form of physical activity in. And then I have to kick my ass even harder. It’s an addiction. I know. But at least it’s a healthy one.
4) I think the word “fart” and the whole idea surrounding it is hilarious. We get so mortified if it happens – when it’s a natural occurrence and applies to everyone – and will deny it to our grave if ever called out on it. I, fortunately, don’t toot. Ever. 😉
5) I sleep with a stuffed animal. His name is Peter Rabbit (he’s a rabbit) and I got him for Easter when I was 3. That’s more than 30 years ago – although I will deny my age if ever asked…..especially since I look 11. *sigh* He came with a beautiful yellow ribbon around his neck and was so wonderful. He’s since lost his ribbon, his nose, parts of his eyes (I trimmed them) and a whole helluva lot of stuffing. But I love him. He is the most precious inanimate thing I own. If I ever lost him I would be devastated. Blair will, on occasion, toss him to the other side of the room, which I think is just mean. Peter is very fragile. And it’s not babyish…it’s a comfort thing. Sometimes he’ll go under my neck if my pillow is too soft, or over my eyes if I need more darkness. But more often than not he’s tucked under my arm and halfway across my face.
6) My best friends are the loves of my life. I’ve been saying this for years. These gals are my soulmates. I’ve always said that God put us on earth to meet each other and fall in love. Not as lovers but as soulmates. As best friends.
7) I haven’t missed an episode of SNL in 10 years. I don’t usually watch it when it’s on. My ritual is to record it and watch it Sunday mornings (usually after my workout). It’s one of my few favorite shows.
8) I hate eye contact! I think it’s the most uncomfortable and invasive and personal thing in the world and I hate it. I have a select group of people that I can make and maintain eye with but for the rest of the world, please don’t be offended if I’m looking everywhere else but at you. (Ames and I already had this convo.)
9) I know all the words to Adventures in Babysitting. And I annoy people but saying the lines of the movie before the actors say them. *snicker*
10) I always wanted (and still want) to be a Goonie.
11) I love food. I’m not gonna lie. I am a huge foodie. I think that the world needs to embrace food and take comfort and find enjoyment in eating – just don’t abuse or over do it. Food is a wonderful thing. And I love being creative. (My Panini blog should explain a lot. YUM.)
12) I have SERIOUS self esteem issues. Serious. Big time!
13) I’ve been told I’m the most introverted extrovert. I am the shyest, most outgoing person you’ll likely ever meet. I love being the center of attention (I know, hard to believe, eh?) and I will make a complete asshole of myself. But other times I feel awkward and scared and shy. WEEEIRRDD!!
14) I LOVE TO DANCE!! I wish I could go dancing right now. I used to be THE SHIT Thursday thru Saturday nights…but now there’s no place left in Valley Vegas to go. WTF?
15) I miss being in high school. I wish, honestly, that I could go back and do it again. Only I’d be me now, instead of me then. I’d totally embrace who I am and who I’ve become and I’d be the shit then like I was in college. College was fun…but I was a late bloomer so I was older than most of (okay, all of) my friends there.
Tomorrow’s post: My Favorite Song