Dinner for Two
This past weekend I had had plans to have a girls’ night in the City. A plan that had been in the works for more than a month. But as life happens, all my girls but one dropped out.
So my dear friend Lisa and I had ourselves a night on the town and it was a blast.
We were dressed up pretty in heels (with flip flops in my purse) and dresses and headed out for drinks and a nice dinner.
We started out with some wine at the bar while we waited for our table.
But once seated we had ourselves a gorgeous dinner.
We had so much fun laughing, catching up, checking out old photos (and reliving moments) on Facebook.
Several highlights of the night:
– Both of us getting carded….and when my ID was checked the bouncer saying “WOW! Good for you!” (Thank you, kind sir, for making me appreciate that I still don’t look as old as my damn ass is. Thank you!)
– Strolling thru the City in my 4 inch Steve Madden stilettos and NOT breaking anything.
– Having a couple of drunken out-of-towners following us, begging us to take them for dinner, telling us we were too young for them because we’re “only 20” (*sigh* If they only knew). And me finally telling them: “We’re.Not.INTERESTED!”
– Getting checked out. I’m in a committed relationship, but come on ladies and gentlemen….is it not always flattering?
– Getting to pee at cousin Tanya’s and seeing her City dwelling for the first time and reliving some of the evening antics, which prevented her from eating her Angry Whopper because I was “more entertaining.” Always a pleasure, Tanya.
And then the drive back to Lisa’s was an event on its own. I sometimes get a little ghetto obnoxious and here are some of the things that came out of my mouth on the way back* (*Lisa texted herself everything I said) :
– You will see I’m totally in the wrong lane but I just don’t give a fuck. It’s foggy, yo!
– I’m totally in the wrong lane
– (as I’m pulling into a drive thru for a late night drive coffee, and in a creepy Hitchcockian voice): Oh hello, what’s up, yo! I need me a coffee, yo!
– We just gonna hit the highway, yo!
So, I’m not really sure where or why the ‘yo’ originated, but in our late-night stupors, it was pretty funny.
Anyway, that was some of the shenanigans from my night with Lisa. PLUS, here’s an additional shout out to my Lisa-Lou who got engaged on Friday! CONGRATS, YO!
So…for all the girls who cut out from the other night and to any who are interested….one month from now….we’ll do it again!