Welcome to SANDYLAND!!

A Big Baby

The last 4 years or so I’ve been fairly fortunate to have not gotten sick. Especially since everyone around me seems to have been hit with one bug or another. But, since my mystery illness 6 or 7 years ago I haven’t really been hit too hard with anything….a little Strep here, a flu there…and Blair often comments that I don’t get sick (I attribute it all to exercise and clean eating). Again, I’ve been very fortunate. That is until now.

Last Thursday I did my regular 3 hour stint at the gym. I felt good and accomplished when I finally got home at 9 that evening. I felt fine. But Friday morning I woke at 4 with the worst nausea – so bad that I kindly asked Winston to refrain from purring because he was “shaking the bed” – and by the time I finally dragged my ass out of bed a few hours later everything hurt. My entire body ached. My earlobes ached. I didn’t even think that was possible. I was tired and achy and nauseas but I dragged my sorry butt to work anyway. Of course, as soon as I walked thru the door and started a conversation with Miss A. I broke into tears. Then I laughed at how ridiculous I must look. She kindly told me to go home but we had so much on our plates for the day and were also playing host to a few others for a webinar (my life is full of excitement) so I had to stay.

Of course, mid-morning I was in our lunchroom, sacked out on the futon, cuddled up to my Magic Bag trying to minimize the chills that had overcome my body and doing my best to ward off the nausea that still clung to me like a leech. I looked like I was preparing to be a zombie on The Walking Dead. I felt worse. Life was not good.

Shortly after lunch, after doing my best to remain conscious during the webinar, I went home and to bed. I napped on and off. Blair checking on me on occasion..the Plague working its magic on my body. Saturday morning I woke up and the body aches were gone but I now had a full-fledged stomach flu of some sort and I did not leave the house/bed/couch at all that day. I did not sleep Saturday night. My virus would not allow it. This continued for another 3 days. Fevers came and went. I napped on and off. I read a lot. I did not eat or drink. My virus would not allow it. Thursday night’s dinner, after my gym visit, was the last time I’d had any food. Blair was sweet enough to bring me a small bottle of gingerale, which I worked on Saturday and Sunday. But, no food and not a lot of water.

Monday morning I phoned my doctor’s office and explained my symptoms and that I could not eat or drink and that my body would not retain any liquid I attempted. So, my doctor sent me to the hospital for an IV to try to, at least, get my hydration up. But, I’d woken up with a weird ache in my jaw line and with my history with my heart and the current investigation (I saw a heart specialist yesterday), I made mention of it in Triage and the nurse got me hooked up with an EKG right away.

HOWEVER, after waiting at the hospital for several hours before finally getting in to see the doctor on duty, he was sidetracked by my EKG and my previous monitor recordings and completely forgot/overlooked the IV and basically said “you have a bad bug” and told me to pick up some remedy at the drugstore and work on my liquids. I should have punched him right there. Bitch, I could have stayed home and worked on the ass-groove in my couch.

It’s now Thursday. I came back to work yesterday and I ate yesterday. Although my stomach is not as iffy as it was, I’m still dealing with the nausea and dizziness a bit. And I’m tired the hell out…I get winded walking down the hall. Which means I haven’t been able to work out since last Thursday. Boo!! I’m hoping to get some form of exercise in today. I need it. Although, that “bad bug” was great for dropping a few pounds.

I hope none of you get sick. Especially with whateverthehell this “bad bug” is. It isn’t pleasant.


4 responses

  1. Amy

    Wow I did not know you were that sick. Hope you feel better soon 🙂 you need to come for a lunch date :).

    May 3, 2013 at 7:04 am

    • A visit (and lunch) sounds good!!

      May 7, 2013 at 10:37 pm

  2. Hope you are feeling better Ms. Butterfly!

    May 7, 2013 at 12:02 pm

    • Thanks. I’m getting there.

      May 7, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s