Happy Canada Day
To all my Canadian peeps, Happy Canada Day. Enjoy the festivities and celebrate this rockin’ country!
Because I’m taking part in this national party, here are a few facts about Canada to peruse:
– Canada is the second largest country in the world, with 9,971,000 square kilometers of land.
– The baseball glove was invented in Canada in 1883.
– Contrary to popular opinion, Canada does not own the North Pole. In fact, the North Pole is not owned by any country. It is believed, however, that Santa Claus is from Canada.
– Canada is the home of many great inventions, including: basketball, hockey, the electric light bulb, the electric range, kerosene, IMAX film system, insulin, the electron microscope, standard time, the television, the telephone, the snowmobile and the zipper.
– Canada has the world’s highest tertiary education enrollment.
I tip my toque to you as I’m off to chow down on Poutine, eh.