Some of you may not know this about me, but I am a huge Star Wars nerd. I mean, I’m not a super geek or anything, but I grew up watching Stars Wars (likely where my initial love for Harrison Ford began, followed, of course, by Indiana Jones), I played Star Wars with my brother and cousins, I even have a crazy Chewbacca doll from when a Christmas when I was very little ….this one, actually:
And a few weeks ago, while in Florida, I got to meet Chewy himself. It was an incredible moment for us both. 😉
So, for the past couple of years I have been wanting, desperately, a Han Solo cell phone case. I mean, this is pretty much the coolest thing ever created.
I keep going to order one, but never do. I have also been wanting, yet, it remains in my unshipped cart, a Daryl Dixon phone case. Just because it looks super rad (and, of course, because it’s Daryl Dixon):
In the meantime, while I wait patiently for Santa to find me, if you see this guy around, will you send him my way? PLEASE:
Warning….spoilers below. But I am too beside myself (over a damn TV show) to give a crap!
WTF? Shocked. Blindsided.
I am without words.
>SPOILERS BELOW< >SPOILERS BELOW< >SPOILERS BELOW< >SPOILERS BELOW<
Just for fun and because I’m bored, I thought it would be fun to post some songs that would be appropriate for the characters of The Walking Dead if they went to karaoke night.
Daryl Dixon – Brother Down (Sam Roberts)
Rick Grimes & The Governor (as the devil) – The Devil Went Down to Georgia (The Charlie Daniels Band)
Carl Grimes – Mama Who Bore Me (Spring Awakening)
Lori Grimes – Bitch (Meredith Brooks)
Rick, Daryl and the Gang (to the Governor) – We’re Not Gonna Take It (Twisted Sister) (PLUS THIS VIDEO IS AWESOME!!)
Carol (to Daryl) – On My Own (Les Mis)
Andrea – On My Own (Hedley)
Now that The Walking Dead has ended for the season (big BOO!!) I can finally sit down and share with you my plans for
avoiding surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, aside from putting a chair against my door to keep them out.
In the event that my future BFF Norman Reedus (see here) is unavailable (as Daryl Dixon) with his cross bow
here are some other ideas that will save me from said Apocalypse:
– Play Michael Jackson’s Thriller…because it’s awesome and all zombies should partake in the Thriller dance. It just makes sense.
– Play loudly Carly Rae Jepsom’s Call Me Maybe because that song is annoyingly catchy and it makes everyone want to join in and sing and dance.
– Ask zombies to “Use their words.” (That’ll stump ’em.)
– If you get bit by a zombie….pee on your wound (or, do as Joey and Chandler do and “step up” to pee on your friends) because, let’s face it, a zombie bite is probably the same as a jellyfish sting. Right?
– Do like Katniss What’s-her-head and sleep in a tree. Zombies can’t climb trees. They’re stuck on the treadmill, remember?
– Let George Clooney calm them down. That man could talk me into anything.
– Ask the zombies to decipher Shakespeare or to figure out a math equation. Zombies hate math.
– Invite zombies to partake in a chubby bunny contest. Maybe they’ll choke on their marshmallows.
– Send them on an Easter egg hunt but don’t hide any eggs. 🙂 (This works to keep children occupied well.)
So, now that I’ve given in to Blair and Jesse suggesting I watch The Walking Dead, I’ve gotten over my fear of the Zombie Apocalypse taking over my home and I’m completely
obsessed with addicted to obsessed with the show and am doing my best to play catch up with the episodes.
And can I just say that I’ve totally jumped on the Daryl Dixon bandwagon.
The dude is completely badass and, the same way I feel that Drew Barrymore and I should be friends, I fully believe that Norman Reedus and I should be buddies (I loved him in Gossip). Here are just a few reasons why:
1) Norman likes to wear a fedora
I like to wear a fedora
2) Norman has a titanium eye-socket (a result from a car accident in 2005)
I just had eye surgery
3) Norman likes to flip off the camera
I like to flip off the camera (this is usually following a
bottle glass or two of wine
4) Norman takes great group shots with his friends
I love taking group shots with my friends
5) Norman can rock a tiara
I can rock a tiara AND I’m already kind of a princess
6) Norman makes this face
Bitch please, I’m always making this face
7) Norman takes pictures of his cat
I’m eventually gonna end up the crazy cat lady
8) Norman wears cool concert Tees
Jim Cuddy totally signed my concert shirt
9) Norman likes to stick out his tongue
I find absolutely nothing wrong with it
10) Norman likes to give rabbit ears
Amy yelled at me after this photo was taken
11) Norman likes to wear sunglass…a lot
I never leave home without them
12) Norman and his friends know how to take a good pic
I like to train my peeps
13) Norman rides a motorcycle
I had a dirt bike growing up (which I drove into a guardrail, tore my kneecap half off and was soon fitted for my plastic bubble)
14) Norman parties with Chewbacca
I grew up on Star Wars, plan on naming my first born after his father, HARRISON FORD (Hahaha) and verily believe that the only pet better than my 20 lb cat is a Wookie!
15) THIS PICTURE:
I bought this shirt: https://welcometosandyland.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/here-kitty-kitty/
Well, there you have it….just a few reasons why Norman Reedus and I should definitely be friends. The only reason I won’t be friends with him – this video:
He says “amazing” way too many times and y’all know how I feel about that: https://welcometosandyland.wordpress.com/2013/02/27/1875/ Tsk Tsk.
But Norman is still cool.