Some of you may not know this about me, but I am a huge Star Wars nerd. I mean, I’m not a super geek or anything, but I grew up watching Stars Wars (likely where my initial love for Harrison Ford began, followed, of course, by Indiana Jones), I played Star Wars with my brother and cousins, I even have a crazy Chewbacca doll from when a Christmas when I was very little ….this one, actually:
And a few weeks ago, while in Florida, I got to meet Chewy himself. It was an incredible moment for us both. 😉
So, for the past couple of years I have been wanting, desperately, a Han Solo cell phone case. I mean, this is pretty much the coolest thing ever created.
I keep going to order one, but never do. I have also been wanting, yet, it remains in my unshipped cart, a Daryl Dixon phone case. Just because it looks super rad (and, of course, because it’s Daryl Dixon):
In the meantime, while I wait patiently for Santa to find me, if you see this guy around, will you send him my way? PLEASE:
When I was really little, like, before school age, I would sometimes crawl into bed with my mom after my dad went to work in the early mornings. My parents’ room was at the end of the hall….down the hall was my room and then the hall opened into the living room and off to the kitchen. So, from my parents’ bed, I could look down straight down the hall and into the living room.
One morning I crawled in next to my mom and just before drifting back to sleepyland (as opposed to SandyLand) I was staring down the hall and I SWEAR that there was a monster coming down toward the bedroom. This thing was tall and covered in hair – it looked like a cross between Big Foot and a Wookie.
I remember watching it and as it made the corner in front of the bedroom (turning toward my brother’s room and the bathroom) it turned its head and looked at me.
You may think I am cray-cray but I swear on my life that I saw that thing. To this day I remember everything about those few moments. We moved out of that house when I was 12 (and I doubt it was haunted as it was a new house when my parents moved in) but I remember the exact set up and seeing that damn thing coming down the hallway. I don’t think I ever told my mother – or anyone else for that matter – but I verily believe that there was some weird Wookie in my house.
If I could rock one Superpower it would totally be The Force.
– Mind Control – Do I even have to elaborate on why this would be a wicked superpower? I mean, really?
– Enhance natural, physical and mental abilities.
– Telekinesis (which means I can go all crazy “Carrie” on your ass), telepathy (I could have really great conversations with other people without saying a word – finally giving reason for the voices in my head), levitation (Stuck in traffic? The force would lift those other cars and toss them aside – or at least allow me to drive under).
– Get to carry a really cool light saber – which is really awesome way to pack heat.
– Having The Force allows you to hang out with really cool peeps: Yoda, my other boyfriend, Harrison Ford, A WOOKIE!! (Because every good life should contain a wookie.)